|The current cost of Child Abuse in the US:|
Justice for Children’s Call Center helps when the child protection system fails to protect a child. We offer information, guidance and assistance to adults who are trying to keep the child safe.
Our Pro Bono Legal program provides free legal help when it appears that a court or agency will return a child to an abusive situation. Our Court Watch program sends observers to courts in cases where a know abuser might be on the verge of obtaining custody or unsupervised visitation.
Justice for Children does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, and age in the delivery of services.
Your tax deductible donation to help us help children will change lives.
The purpose of Justice for Children is to provide a full range of advocacy and services for abused and neglected children; that includes pro-bono legal advocacy, public policy monitoring, guidance through a complex child protective system, professional referrals, mental health services, court watch, research, education, and emotional support. The following is a brief explanation of our advocacy and services
To help now, enter an amount you can donate below. Your tax deductible contribution will go directly to the aid of these children who need our help.
- Every child has the right to grow up in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Child abuse is a crime and should be treated as such.
- Child abuse costs American taxpayers more than $300 billion dollars a year.
- he primary focus of communities, child protective agencies, police and courts should be on the safety of the child rather than the rights of the parents.
- Attorneys appointed to represent children should have an enforceable obligation to the child.
- When a child reports being sexually molested or physically abused, the child should be protected until and unless the report is proven false.
- No child should be forced to spend unsupervised time with their abuser.
- Child protective agencies should be held accountable for negligent failure to protect children in their charge, Society has a moral obligation to protect our children from abuse and neglect.
- The safety and rights of the child are paramount to the rights of any caretaker.